We are planning a return to play on the 20th June. (This may change due to the Covid-19 restrictions). The season will consist of a 3 round Presidents Cup and after the school holidays the Championship Round with finals planned for Friday the 28th August (still to be confirmed). The fees have been reduced to $300 per team for Collegiate, Senior and Prem teams.
Just a reminder what Phase 2 means per Netball New Zealand – Please ensure coaches are aware of the rules around training and the contact tracing requirements.
PHASE 2 – Prepare to Play
- Netball activity may start on or after 29 May 2020
- This includes trainings and workshops.
- This does not include delivery of competitions.
- Managing requirements in the training environment at your Centre/facilities.
- Prior to commencing this phase all Centres must complete the COVID-19 Prepare to Play – Event & Activity Health and Safety Plan – template
- Netball activities can start if MOH Gathering limits, tracing and public health measures are met.
- All participants and spectators must adhere to public health measures.
- Contact tracing measures must be put in place for all participants and any other person’s /spectators.
- Mass gathering protocols must be adhered to (including coaches and spectators) so long as physical distancing requirements.
- To manage gathering limits we recommend that no spectators are to attend trainings.
- Face to face workshops can be held where Ministry of Health and physical distancing guidelines of 1 metre are adhered to and contact tracing measures are in place – gathering limits apply. Online workshops are available and recommended.
Ensure coaches have been informed of their responsibilities and provided with the Prepare to Play – Coach Guidelines and Tracing Log resource https://www.netballnz.co.nz/Downloads/Assets/Download/514414/1/NS_Coaches%E2%80%94Top%20Tips%20For%20Health%20and%20Hygiene%20at%20Netball%20Final%20with%20Contact%20Log_FINAL.pdf
NetballSmart resources to support a safe return to participation can be accessed https://netballsmart.co.nz/
Detailed guidelines, templates, planning tools and resources can be found here https://www.netballnz.co.nz/useful-info/resource-library/return-to-play
Prepare to Play Resources
Click on the link below for the NetballSmart resource targeted towards Coaches as we move into the Prepare to Play phase of Alert Level 2 COVID-19.
All teams need to record names of players at trainings.